THE MALAYSIAN INVASION RULE BOOK
- MIMMA will use 10-9 points as scoring system.
- According to the new rules, at 10-9 points would be a very even contest in terms of the exchanges with the most aggressive fighter of the two being warranted the 10-9 round.
- According to the new scheme, 10-8 points will be scored a lot more liberally. A 10-8 will be rewarded when a fighter clearly wins a round. McCarthy explained that the fights will be judged on the “Three Ds”—damage, domination, duration. If a fighter has been damaged and dominated in a round, the round should be scored a 10-8. If the domination element does not exist, judges are urged to look at how long the duration of the damage lasted and how much of an impact it had on the fight before determining the round a 10-8. If there is no damage, judges need to look at the duration of the domination that occurred in the round.
- 10-10 points to be scored for a completely even fight
- 10-9 to be scored for marginal round win for one fighter
- 10-8 to be scored when there is a large margin between fighters at the end of a round
- 10-7 to be scored when there is overwhelming damage and domination in a round
- Tournament Bouts: 3 rounds X 3 minutes with a 1 minute break in between rounds
- Title Bouts: 5 rounds X 3 minutes with a 1 minute break in between rounds
MIMMA Judging Criteria
Malaysian Invasion MMA Fighting Championship (MIMMA FC) uses the Global MMA Rule considering the following criteria in the following importance:
- Near KO or Submission
- Damage (Internal, Accumulated, Superficial)
- Striking combinations and cage generalship (Ground control, Superior Positioning)
- Earned takedowns or takedown defense
MIMMA will use 10-9 points as scoring system.
How will the marks be given?
- 5 marks – win by Knock – out / TKO / Submission
- 4 marks – win by decision unanimous
- 3 marks – win by split
- 2 marks – lose by decision
- 1 mark – lose by KO / TKO / Submission
- Walkover – loser (0 points) / winner (3 points)
According to the new rules, a 10-9 points would be a very even contest in terms of the exchanges with the most aggressive fighter of the two being warranted the 10-9 points